Sunday, September 19, 2010

19 km to go

My guidebook says 20.1 km to go but the wayside markers show less than 19 km.  Who cares, it´s a days easy walking.  One large hill, the Monte de Gozo (Mount of Joy) where pilgrims first get to see Santago and the Cathedral.  I hope for a joyous reception.  This is my last night in an alberge and I plan to remember it, so that I never get silly enough to do this again.  Had dinner last night with a French couple, this was their 4th Camino.  I told them one was enough for me.  The last 2 days have been like walking in Victoria, this part of Galicia is planted almost exclusively with Gum trees.  I think they´re mountan ash because they´re tall and straight.  The smell and sight is just like home.   Its very busy on the camino now.  Lots and lots of people walk only the last 100 km.  The French last night called them tourists, whilst we are TRUE PILGRIMS of course!  I´ll add a few more photos and update you after I arrive in Santiago.
Bob
After a tough climb and entering Galicia at O Cebreiro.












A typical Galician main street.

Dinner at Villafranca del Bierzo.

No comments:

Post a Comment