Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I´ve had enough

Yep, I´m sick of it.  I want to go home.  Only 5 walking days left. Less than 110 km.  I got badly lost this morning for the first time and spent 2 hours trapsing up and down hills searching for a poorly marked path.  Made it back to quasi-civilisation by mid-morning and just wanted to go home.  Managed to create a new blister today, thought it was a stone in my shoe and when I took it off, whammo, another liquid filled depth charge of pain. But I haven´t come this far to give up.  All going well I will be in Santiago on Monday.  I have booked a room at a pension near the cathedral and plan to wallow in excess for a few days.  5 weeks of deprevation deserves some reward, lets hope they have some western junk food available.  Right now I could easily eat half the McDonalds menu.  I hope to see you all soon.
Bob

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PB. Buy tissues for Monday. It seems Pilgrims burst into tears on seeing the Cathedral at the end of the road. JS^2

    ReplyDelete
  4. JJ,
    Elation at the prospect of never having to sleep in a pilgrim hostal again may bring tears to my eyes. I will be happy its over. These last few days have been trying. I look forward to returning to civilisation.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob,
    I'm sure you'll get over it quickly and will soon be planning your next expedition walking the Silk Road backwards. That or lying on a beach in Thailand!
    Tony

    ReplyDelete