Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ponferrada - 202 km to go

Howdy,
Made it to Ponferrada today.  Just over 200 km and 9 walking days left.  Crossed the Montes of Leon this morning and then had a 1000 m + descent after 2 days of climbing.  Feet and knees in poor shape after a very steep descent in hot conditions.  No photos but I will update in the next few days.  I am looking forward to getting home, this is becoming a trial, but every now and again I´m surprised and see the point of it all.
regards
Pilgrim Bob

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Bobski. Only 200km to go and you are doing a cracking job. Remember, one step at a time. Cheers, Bort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bort,
    Thank you. Now only 8 walking days left and less than 200 km. Tomorrow another tough day, 30+ km and an ascent of 600 m in the last 6 or 7 km. Still very hot. I´m in Villafranca del Bierzo, surprise, surprise, another wine growing region and they are forcing me to sample it. I hope all is well with you and your family.
    Bobski el magno

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Not much left to go now!

    ReplyDelete